AY Honor Preservation of Water Resources Requirements
1. What are water resources?
2. Discover at least ten activities in which water use is essential.
3. Know how the public water supply in your city works.
4. What is hydroelectric power?
5. List at least five factors that waste water and how they can be avoided.
6. Know how the following factors directly influence the wasting of drinking water:
- a. Deforestation
- b. Pollution
- c. Disorganized occupation and use of soil
- d. Lack of basic sanitation
7. Research and discover the average water consumption in your country in the following activities:
- a. Shower
- b. Brushing your teeth
- c. Flushing the toilet
- d. Laundry
- e. Dripping water
- f. 1 kg of beef
- g. 1 kg of cheese
- h. 1 liter of milk
- i. 1 kg of tomato
- j. 1 computer
8. Know what hydrology is and discover how its study is fundamental for the preservation of water resources.
9. Know at least three ways to purify water.
10. Discover at least ten ways in which you and your family can preserve available water resources and put them into practice.
11. Develop a creative awareness project about water misuse in your school or workplace.
12. Perform at least one of the following activities:
- a. Create a project with your unit/club to preserve some source of drinking water in your neighborhood.
- b. Have the honor of Environmental Conservation or Renewable Energy.