AY Honor Refugee Assistance Requirements used by North American Division - United States
Prologue: This honor is available only to clubs inside the North American Division. For those outside the North American Division, use the Refugee Resettlement honor instead.
1. Read Exodus 16:1-17:6. Discuss with your Pathfinder Club, unit or class the challenges that the children of Israel faced after they left their homes in Egypt.
2. Explain what the word refugee means and the circumstances that force people to leave their homes.
3. List the immediate needs that a refugee has when they arrive in your country. Describe the feelings that the refugee may have about a new language, culture and environment.
4. Find out about the organizations in your community that assist refugees and immigrants.
5. Listen to or watch a presentation about an immigrant including information contrasting the culture in their new community and their former community. Take notes.
6. Write a one page report telling what you have discovered in completing the requirements for this honor. Give recommendations of ways refugees could be assisted.