1. Make a collection of 30 various colored sands. Correctly label with the name and locality where each was secured.
2. What does the term "sand" mean? Name two kinds of sand.
3. Give the origin of sand and mineral content.
4. What is the difference between sand and soil?
5. What is meant by shape, surface, grain fracture, and grain size?
6. Define the following and give the use of each:
- a. Glacial
- b. Calcareous
- c. Quicksand
- d. Glass sand
- e. Molding sand
- f. Polishing sand
- g. Building sand
- h. Filter sand
- i. Furnace sand
- j. Lake shore sand
7. Examine five types of sand specimens under magnification and observe their various characteristics.
8. Memorize and discuss Genesis 22:17, Proverbs 27:3, and Ps. 139:17-18.