AY Honor Soap Making - Advanced
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
8. Design your own soap recipe using a soap recipe calculator and then make it in a small test batch size of no more than 18 oz. of oil weight, and pour it into a 4” square mold or 6” slab mold. Make notes about the following:
- a. At what temperature did you “soap” at?
- b. Did you use a water discount? If so, how much of a discount was used?
- c. What design techniques did you incorporate into your soap?
- d. What did you add to it, such as fragrance, color, additives?
- e. How long did your soap stay in the mold before unmolding and cutting?
- f. How did your soap turn out?
- g. Would you use this recipe again? If not, why? What would you do different?