AY Honor Staying Home Requirements
This honor is only meant to be temporary and for as long as a worldwide pandemic continues.
Even if we have to currently stay at home, there are many ways in which we can keep ourselves busy.
1. Write down why it is important to stay at home at the moment.
2. Write down five things you can do with friends without meeting up and do two of them.
3. Write down five useful things which you can do at home alone or with your family and do one of them.
4. Do at least one of the following:
- Cut someone’s hair and take a photo/video.
- Cooked something that you have never cooked before and take a photo/video.
- Sew a protective mask and take a photo/video.
- Plant a seed and nurtured it in to a plant and take a photo/video.
Helping at Home
There are many opportunities to help and assist our parents at home.
5. Help at home by doing two of the following tasks at least three times OR each task once:
- Wash, hang out and fold the washing and take a photo/video of it.
- Iron and sort out the washing and take a photo/video of it.
- Prepare a meal and set the table and take a photo/video of it.
- Clean the house/apartment and take a photo/video of it.
- Wash the dishes OR load and unload the dishwasher and take a photo/video of it.
- Weed the garden, mow the lawn and water the plants and take a photo/video of it.
Health and Hygiene
As Pathfinders, we want to stay healthy.
6. Drink for at least one week 1.5 L of water per day.
7. Write down what you know about personal hygiene.
8. Write about three situations when it is important that you wash your hands.
9. Make a video about how you should correctly wash your hands (if you want, you can also post it on social media).
As Pathfinders, we want to look out for the people around us.
10. What Bible stories are there in the Bible in which Jesus helps other people. Name three stories. Write about one of these stories in your own words.
11. Read the Golden Rule in Luke 6:31 and write down what this means for you in the current situation.
12. Write down what you are thankful for.
13. Do at least two of the following tasks:
- Call a relative or friend.
- Write a postcard or a letter to someone who lives alone and take a photo of it.
- Do a craft and gift it to an older person (eg. Grandma, Grandpa, a neighbor) and take a photo of it.
- For older Pathfinders: Go grocery shopping for someone who is unable to and take a photo/video of it.
- Do an act of kindness for someone and take a photo/video of it.
We want to try and make the best of every situation.
14. Sleep overnight with your sleeping bag and camping mat (in the garden, on the balcony or inside).
15. Tell your family a joke as encouragement and write it down.
16. Do one of the following tasks:
- Bake a chocolate-filled banana in the oven and take a photo/video of it in your Pathfinder uniform.
- Make a damper/campfire bread in the oven and take a photo/video of it in your Pathfinder uniform.
- Toast a marshmallow over a candle and take a photo/video of it in your Pathfinder uniform.
- Make something to eat which reminds you of Pathfinders and take a photo/video of it.