AY Honor Swimming - Beginner
North American Division
The water is your playground. Now learn to make the most of it! Swimming is not only a fun activity, it's a great form of exercise! And if your exercise is fun, you'll be driven to stay fit!
To earn this honor, receive the American Red Cross Level 3 Stroke Development or YMCA equivalent in Swimming–Beginner's OR meet the requirements outlined on the requirements page.
Investiture Achievement Connection: This Honor is related to the Investiture Achievement requirements for every class's Health and Fitness sections which require either completion of this Honor or the Basic Water Safety Honor.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
8. Swim front crawl--ten yards.
- a. Jump into chest-deep water from the side, swim front crawl for 15 yards, maintain positions by treading water or floating for 30 seconds, and swim elementary backstroke for 15 yards.
- AY Honors/Honors with an Advanced Option
- Has insignia image
- AY Honors/Complete a Course
- AY Honors/HonorLanding
- AY Honor Categories/Recreation
- AY Honors/Recreation
- AY Honors/Introduced in 1944
- AY Honors/Skill Level 1
- AY Honors/Approved by North American Division
- Uses HonorLanding Template
- AY Honor Config/Has Requirement Variants
- AY Honor Config/Has Answer Key Variants
- AY Honors/IAConnection
- AY Honors/See Also/Basic Water Safety
- AY Honors/See Also/Swimming - Beginner - Advanced