AY Honor Travel - Advanced Requirements
1. Earn the Travel honor.
2. View a travelogue program not previously watched, of a unique location you would like to visit.
3. What safety considerations should you think of when traveling?
4. What health recommendations or requirements are recommended by your country’s health depart/office when traveling internationally?
5. Create a 7-day international trip plan for a “family vacation”:
- a. Create a 7-day planner and include:
- i. A description of one historic site to visit
- ii. A list and description of two natural sites to visit
- iii. A description of one recreational site to visit
- b. Create a 7-day budget for the “family vacation” and include projected financial figures for a “family group” of four people:
- i. Round trip airfare to that country
- ii. Automobile Rental (economy/compact)
- iii. Legitimate gas costs (remember that many countries list gas prices per liter)
- iv. Determine an average per night hotel expense
- v. Determine an average per day food expense
- vi. Budget costs for sites you plan to visit
- vii. Legitimate souvenir expenses
- viii. Include 10% for miscellaneous expenses
6. Write a 100-word description or discuss in a group what you think traveling around in Bible times was like.
Discussion topics might include:
- a. contrasting distances traveled then vs. now
- b. expectations of what you'd have available to you at your lodging (bathing, beds, # of people lodging together, etc.)
- c. food eaten during a journey (no refrigeration or grocery stores back then)
- d. why you would travel (recreation vs. necessities)