AY Honor Ultimate Disc - Advanced Requirements
1. Earn the Ultimate Disc honor.
2. Read and understand the newest USA sanctioned rules and regulations.
3. Display a proficiency and understanding of both offensive and defensive positions for playing Ultimate.
4. Define and play all positions in a zone defense, and understand how to break a zone:
- a. Cup
- b. Mids
- c. Deeps
5. Demonstrate proficiency in throwing the disk:
- a. Bounce Pass
- b. Shovel Pass
- c. Hammer
6. Define the dimensions of a regulation playing field and end zones, and demonstrate an ability to set up markers and cones.
7. Define the following terms and playing circumstances:
- a. Laying Out
- b. Strip
- c. Brick
- d. Pull
- e. Handler
- f. Turnover
8. As a team or individual, develop a plan to practice outreach while completing the requirements for this honor. Possible options should include the following:
- a. Post notes on bulletin boards and online, and place classifieds in newspapers inviting community participation
- b. Have prayer before and/or after each game
- c. Exhibit “Spirit of the Game” both on and off the field
- d. Encourage healthy lifestyle choices both on and off the field, and encourage appropriate behavior and language
9. Practice throwing/catching and offensive/defensive drills and learn how to play smaller scale versions of the game as practice with fewer players, including “Hot Box”.
10. Play three collegiate pick-up games or a sanctioned USA Ultimate league game.
11. Become a member of the Ultimate Player’s Association, http://www.usaultimate.org, or compete in a USA Ultimate-sanctioned tournament.