|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Health and Science/Biochemistry - Advanced
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Biochemistry - Advanced|
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Have the Biochemistry honor.
- 2 2. Define the following terms:
- 3 3. Other than energy provision, what other functions do carbohydrates have?
- 4 4. How are carbohydrates classified?
- 5 5. What are the consequences of lack of glucose in the body?
- 6 6. To keep glucose rates constant, in the fasting period, the body is able to produce this carbohydrate. How does the gluconeogenesis pathway occur?
- 7 7. What is the importance of the hormones insulin and glucagon in the human body?
- 8 8. How does an individual's metabolism fast?
- 9 9. How is an individual's metabolism well-fed?
- 10 10. What disease is a result of lack of insulin production? What are the main characteristics of this disease?
- 11 11. The excess carbohydrates and amino acids accumulate in the body through its conversion into lipids. How are lipids synthesized in the body? Where are they stored?
- 12 12. What are the types of lipids in humans?
- 13 13. Amino acids are produced by living things. The so-called producers are able to synthesize the 20 essential amino acids, mammals can synthesize only a few. What are the precursors used for amino acid synthesis?
- 14 14. How do mammals get the amino acids they are not able to synthesize?
- 15 15. Make a table with the biosynthetic families of amino acids, according to metabolic precursors.
- 16 16. The amino group is very important for the synthesis of amino acids. How do you get this amino grouping? Explain the Cycle of Nitrogen.
- 17 17. Nitrogen fixation is very important, certain bacteria do this. Some live in symbiosis with legumes. Explain how the symbiosis between bacteria and legumes occurs. Associate legumes and nitrogen fixation with crop rotation.
- 18 18. How does photosynthesis happen and what is its importance for life on Earth?
- 19 19. What factors affect photosynthesis?
- 20 20. What are the organisms capable of photosynthesis?
- 21 21. Carbon is a very important atom for all life forms. Explain the Carbon Cycle.
- 22 22. What is the relationship between DNA, RNA and proteins?
- 23 23. What are the applications of DNA studies?
- 24 References
1. Have the Biochemistry honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Biochemistry honor.