|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Health and Science/Math Skills III
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Math Skills III|
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Have the Math Skills II honor.
- 2 2. Solve the following operations using the traditional algorithm:
- 3 3. Identify and classify the numerical sets.
- 4 4. Demonstrate the ability to solve the following equations:
- 5 5. Demonstrate the ability to solve the following products:
- 6 6. Calculate the area of the following figures:
- 7 7. In the Orienteering honor, the Pathfinder must have knowledge of angles to know how to use cartographic charts and to use a compass. Demonstrate the ability to convert angles to minutes, minutes to seconds, showing three practical examples.
- 8 8. In the Pioneering honor, we learned to build camp furniture, which has a whole mathematical relationship. Design and present some camp furniture where geometric shapes appear and classify each one. Cite three examples.
- 9 9. Present a poster showing ten practical examples of geometric figures used in a daily routine. It can be as cutouts, photos or design.
- 10 10. Demonstrate the ability to solve the following proportion problems:
- 10.1 a. At 60 km/h I travel between two cities in two hours. Traveling at 80 km/h, what is the estimated time to travel this route?
- 10.2 b. At an average of 90 km/h, I can make a journey in three hours. To make this journey in just two hours, what should my average speed be?
- 10.3 c. If 20 men working for 20 days build 500 meters of a wall, how many men will it take to build 1000 meters more of this wall in 30 days?
- 11 11. Demonstrate the ability to solve problem situations involving equations:
- 11.1 a. I have the following choice: I buy 20 units of a product with all the money I have, or buy only 14 units of a project with all the money I have, or buy only 14 units and I still have $15.00 in change. What is the unit value of this product?
- 11.2 b. What is the root of the equation 7x - 2 = -4x + 5?
- 11.3 c. If I add 8 to the amount of toy cars I own, I will have the same amount of cars as my brother if, of the 28 that he owns, the amount that I own is subtracted. How many toy cars do I have?
- 12 References
Earning this honor meets a requirement for:
1. Have the Math Skills II honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Math Skills II honor.