|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Nature/Protozoa/Requirements
1. What are the main characteristics of protozoa that put them in the Protista kingdom? What are the similarities and differences in relation to other protists (algae)?
2. Be able to identify by pictures or photos five common protozoa, giving their scientific names.
3. Give the classification of protozoa, giving their distinctive characteristics and at least one example of each group and its importance.
4. What are pseudopods? What is their purpose?
5. How do protozoa reproduce? How can they alter their genetic traits and be more resistant to aggressors?
6. How do protozoa feed and breathe?
7. Amoebic dysentery and giardiasis (beaver fever) are gastrointestinal illnesses by similar protozoa. State three differences that distinguish them and how to prevent these illnesses.
8. Talk about Leishmaniasis and how dogs are related to the spread of this protozoan disease.
9. Malaria is a disease that causes many deaths in the Amazon region and in Africa. Describe how it is contagious, what are its main symptoms and how this disease can be prevented and treated.
10. Draw the cycle of Chagas disease (American trypanosomiasis) and explain each stage. What does it do to a human being? How is it transmitted? How can it be prevented? Is there a treatment?