|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Eschatology
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Read Matthew 24:3-14 and research at least 20 signs that indicate Christ's soon return within the last five years.
- 2 2. Know by memory where to find in the Bible at least five different verses found in this honor that present promises of Christ's second coming.
- 3 3. Present one of the Biblical parables about Christ's second coming by one of the following methods: music, drawing, poetry or dramatization.
- 4 4. Make a timeline of at least one page linking together the main last day events that will culminate with Christ's return. Include what will happen in the following 1,000 years.
- 5 5. Study Christ's ascension to Heaven in the Bible, after His resurrection. Make a list of similarities and differences between this event and His seconding coming.
- 6 6. Explain the relation between the verses "I come as a thief", found in Revelation 16:15, with "and every eye shall see Him", found in Revelation 1:7.
- 7 7. Read the following passages from the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy:
- 8 8. From the knowledge gained in this study and the other passages discussed in this honor, answer the following:
- 8.1 a. Why is it possible to say that the Christ's second coming is so close?
- 8.2 b. How can you make it possible for Christ to return sooner?
- 8.3 c. What should the focus be regarding a celestial crown and the amount of stars on it?
- 8.4 d. Who knows the day and hour of Christ's return?
- 8.5 e. What will be the first signs seen in the heavens, moments before Christ's return?
- 9 References
This Honor is a component of the Family, Origins, and Heritage Master Award.
Eschatology i/ˌɛskəˈtɒlədʒi/ is a part of theology concerned with what are believed to be the final events of history, or the ultimate destiny of humanity. This concept is commonly referred to as the "end of the world" or "end time".
1. Read Matthew 24:3-14 and research at least 20 signs that indicate Christ's soon return within the last five years.
The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” 4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, [b]pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Signs indicating Christs soon return -
Wars, Violence, Lawlessness, Drought, Famine, Fire, Flood, Earthquakes, Disease Epidemics, Storms, False Prophets, False Leaders, Religious Persecution of Christs followers, Marriage no longer being as God intended, Secular Societies, Immoral Actions being commonplace, Murder of young through abortion, Strife and discord among society, Sin becoming commonplace and rampant, God's people turning their backs and closing their hearts to the Lord.
2. Know by memory where to find in the Bible at least five different verses found in this honor that present promises of Christ's second coming.
Matthew 24:44 - So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
Hebrews 10:24-25 - And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Revelation 22:20 - He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
Acts 1:10-11 - They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
2 Peter 3:8 - But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
3. Present one of the Biblical parables about Christ's second coming by one of the following methods: music, drawing, poetry or dramatization.
Pathfinders doing this honor are free to do this requirement in any of the aforementioned ways, if done as a group a dramatization or a song is a great choice.