|*Edits to the Pathfinder Wiki will be disabled on July 27, 2021 in preparation for an upgrade. The upgrade is scheduled to take place on August 10, 2021. During the upgrade, we expect the Wiki to be available only intermittently. Once the upgrade is complete, users will again be able to perform edits. Thanks!|
*Las ediciones al Wiki de Conquistadores se desactivarán el 27 de julio de 2021 en preparación para una actualización. La actualización está programada para el 10 de agosto de 2021. Durante la actualización, esperamos que el Wiki esté disponible solo de forma intermitente. Una vez que se complete la actualización, los usuarios podrán volver a realizar ediciones. ¡Gracias!
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Missionary Life
From Pathfinder Wiki
| North American Division
|| Skill Level 1
Year of Introduction: 2016
- 1 1. Discover the following individually or as a group:
- 2 2. Discuss the following texts as they relate to missionary work:
- 3 3. List and evaluate how missionaries have impacted the spreading of the gospel and whether their stories and methods are relevant today.
- 4 4. Create a list or construct a Venn diagram (compare & contrast) of qualifications for an individual to become a missionary in Bible times versus today.
- 5 5. Discuss with a group the following personality characteristics and their importance to being a positive and influential missionary today:
- 6 6. Discuss with a group the following types of missionaries and why each is important to the spreading of the gospel.
- 7 7. Discuss with a group some of the possible challenges associated with missionary work today.
- 8 8. Interview someone who is either an active missionary or who has retired from mission service.
- 9 9. Learn about eight missionaries (to at least four continents) who served during the Seventh-day Adventist mission expansion (1900-1950). On a world map, plot their country of service.
- 10 10. Create a presentation, game, or speech that shows what you have learned about missionary life while earning this honor. Share your presentation with a group.
- 11 11. Earn the Foreign Mission Trips honor OR do both of the following individually or as a group:
- 12 References