AY Honor Rural Development
Develop a sense of community by gaining the empathy to practically understand why people from other countries may see your neighborhood or church community differently than you do! The honor has few requirements, but each one gives you an opportunity to expand your horizons and grow your heart.
Investiture Achievement Connection: This Honor is related to the Investiture Achievement requirements for GUIDE Serving Others which require the Pathfinder choose to complete selected requirements from among several Honors, including this Honor. The Advanced Ribbon requires completion of a selected Honor, of which this is one of the options.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
5. Participate in one of the following field trips or group projects:
- a. Go on a mission trip to a disadvantaged rural area in another country or within your own nation.
- b. Raise funds and contribute to the contents of an ADRA-kids-box of your choice (http://kids.adra.org).
- c. A 24-hour group fast and educational “lock-in” session with your youth group focused on understanding the needs of the poor in developing nations, and designed to raise funds for rural development.
- Has insignia image
- AY Honors/HonorLanding
- AY Honor Categories/Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage
- AY Honors/Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage
- AY Honors/Introduced in 2009
- AY Honors/Skill Level 2
- AY Honors/Approved by North American Division
- Uses HonorLanding Template
- ACS Honor/Rural Development
- AY Honors/IAConnection