AY Honor Spirit of Prophecy Answer Key
The gift of prophecy as demonstrated by those who are given the gift of Prophecy. Prophecy is the gift from God to see before something happens what is to come to pass.
A prophet is defined as an inspired teacher or revealer of Divine Will. A test of a True Prophet is whether his teachings follow the Bible and if his predictions come true.
- A true prophet’s predictions will “come to pass” (Jeremiah 28:9)
- He will glorify God rather than himself (John 16:13)
- He does not give his own private interpretation (2 Peter 1:20, 21)
- He points out sin (Micah 3:5-8)
- He warns of coming judgment (Isaiah 24:20, 21)
- He edifies the church (1 Corinthians 14:3, 4)
- His message harmonizes with the Bible (Isaiah 8:20)
- He teaches that Jesus came in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3)
- He has a Christian character (Matthew 7:16-20).
- He is obedient to the will of God (Deuteronomy 18:18).
Isaiah 8:20 "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them." That which is true will not contradict the Bible in any manner. Feelings, emotions and the like do not make it so if it is of God it will be new light but it will not be old doctrine of God in His Word. The Fountain of Life.
The following Bible verses give some clear instructions on how to identify false prophets:
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them. Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
When a person talks of self and what self wants and self desires then they can not be a true prophet and one who prophesies without God telling him to prophesy is not a true prophet. If what they say contradicts God's word they are not a true prophet.
- The Bible is represented as the sun and the Spirit of Prophecy is the representation of the moon.
- The moon reflects the rays of the sun and shines into the night to give light. Not as bright as the sun and not as strong in distinction of matter but it still show the path and brightens the path that needs to be taken.
- It does not replace the Bible, it shines as bright as possible to show what the sunshine does when there is no light in the night of moral darkness. God's moral law, militant and expressive.
- The sun is glorious and triumphant over darkness.