|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Recreation/Orienteering with GPS
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Orienteering with GPS|
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Have the Orienteering honor.
- 2 2. What do the acronyms GPS and DGPS stand for?
- 3 3. Know the history of the emergence of GPS and describe it briefly.
- 4 4. What are the factors that can interfere with a GPS signal?
- 5 5. What is the margin of error for GPS?
- 6 6. What is the purpose of a GPS receiver? What types of GPS receivers currently exist? Describe the usefulness of each one.
- 7 7. Know how to appropriately handle a GPS. What is the care we should use when handling it?
- 8 8. What are the applications of a GPS receiver and what are its limitations?
- 9 9. Use a file transfer software and connect it correctly to the GPS.
- 10 10. Install maps in the GPS and in the map transfer software.
- 11 11. What are the types of maps that we can use in a GPS? Give examples.
- 12 12. Demonstrate your ability to:
- 13 13. Follow a trail that you have not walked, at least 15 km and map out the path. Do the following:
- 14 14. Make a comparison between the signal sent to the GPS device and the omniscience of God acting on a person. What spiritual lessons can you draw from this?
- 15 References
1. Have the Orienteering honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Orienteering honor.