|*Edits to the Pathfinder Wiki will be disabled on July 27, 2021 in preparation for an upgrade. The upgrade is scheduled to take place on August 10, 2021. During the upgrade, we expect the Wiki to be available only intermittently. Once the upgrade is complete, users will again be able to perform edits. Thanks!|
*Las ediciones al Wiki de Conquistadores se desactivarán el 27 de julio de 2021 en preparación para una actualización. La actualización está programada para el 10 de agosto de 2021. Durante la actualización, esperamos que el Wiki esté disponible solo de forma intermitente. Una vez que se complete la actualización, los usuarios podrán volver a realizar ediciones. ¡Gracias!
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Recreation/Rock Climbing - Advanced
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Rock Climbing - Advanced|
| General Conference
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 1970
- 1 Rappel Master Certified Instructor Required
- 2 1. Have the Rock Climbing Honor.
- 3 2. Know and demonstrate the use of all special rock climbing equipment, such as bongs, RURP's, knifeblades, bolt equipment, hero loops, runners, etriers, and mechanical ascenders.
- 4 3. Show how to use all free climbing moves, including: foot edging; finger-tip clings; lay backs; hand, arm, foot, and leg jamming; and stimming while climbing at 5.6(F6) difficulty on practice cliffs using an upper belay.
- 5 4. Show how to belay properly and safely a lead climber. Show that you can catch a falling lead climber during a practice fall.
- 6 5. Show how to lead and follow (by jumaring) a continuous Class 5 point 6 direct aid pitch of A2 difficulty of at least 20 feet (6.1 meters).
- 7 6. Show how to raise and lower, using only normal climbing equipment, an injured climber safely and relatively comfortably. Construct a rope litter and demonstrate its proper use.
- 8 7. Participate in at least two multi-pitch climbs of 5.5 (F5) difficulty or above, involving at least 120 feet (36.6 meters) of climbing each and leading at least two of the pitches.
- 9 8. Select a minimum of bivouac equipment, including food for a supper and break- fast, and spend one night bivouacked on a rock ledge at least 30 feet (9.1 meters) high and reached by moderate climbing, hauling equipment up by proper rope hauling methods.
- 10 9. Demonstrate basic map and compass use. Explain how the map can be useful to the rock climber and how to determine compass bearing from the map.
- 11 References
Rappel Master Certified Instructor Required
1. Have the Rock Climbing Honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Rock Climbing honor.