|*Edits to the Pathfinder Wiki will be disabled on July 27, 2021 in preparation for an upgrade. The upgrade is scheduled to take place on August 10, 2021. During the upgrade, we expect the Wiki to be available only intermittently. Once the upgrade is complete, users will again be able to perform edits. Thanks!|
*Las ediciones al Wiki de Conquistadores se desactivarán el 27 de julio de 2021 en preparación para una actualización. La actualización está programada para el 10 de agosto de 2021. Durante la actualización, esperamos que el Wiki esté disponible solo de forma intermitente. Una vez que se complete la actualización, los usuarios podrán volver a realizar ediciones. ¡Gracias!
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Recreation/Water Skiing - Advanced
|Water Skiing - Advanced|
| General Conference
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 1961
- 1 1. Have the Water Skiing Honor.
- 2 2. Always wear a ski vest while skiing.
- 3 3. Successfully slalom ski, starting from deep water on a full line rope.
- 4 4. Cross both wakes on a slalom ski.
- 5 5. Make a full 360-degree turn around on one of the following:
- 6 References
1. Have the Water Skiing Honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Water Skiing honor.
You will also need the |Swimming - Intermediate Honor to earn Water Skiing This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Swimming - Intermediate honor.
2. Always wear a ski vest while skiing.
This applies to good swimmers too. A water skier can hit obstructions or other skiers, or otherwise be injured or even knocked unconscious. Life vests help prevent drowning in emergencies. Life vests are generally required at all Pathfinder water sports events by Conference regulations.
3. Successfully slalom ski, starting from deep water on a full line rope.
You will likely need an instructor to help bring your skills to this level. Practice, practice, practice and have fun.
4. Cross both wakes on a slalom ski.
Demonstration of learned skills.
5. Make a full 360-degree turn around on one of the following:
Using any of this equipment takes practice. Have fun.