|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Vocational/Document Restoration and Preservation
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Document Restoration and Preservation|
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 1
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Define:
- 2 Interview a person responsible for the area of conservation and restoration in a library and tell, in no less than 100 words, what he or she highlighted about the job of restoring and conserving.
- 3 2. Define:
- 4 3. Define the following terms:
- 5 4. Know, at least, a school of restoration of books and documents.
- 6 5. What are the basic criteria to consider a document or book as rare and valuable?
- 7 6. Briefly describe the care in the restoration of books and documents, taking into consideration the following items:
- 8 7. What are "binded" books and how should they be treated?
- 9 8. How should old diaries or maps be preserved?
- 10 9. What is chamber filtration?
- 11 10. What is boric acid and how is it used?
- 12 11. How do you treat a book that is wet or has been?
- 13 12. What is lyophilization?
- 14 13. What is a hygrothermograph?
- 15 14. What do you do with the documents and pages folded and dried?
- 16 15. Why is cardboard more appropriate for the conservation of books than plastic?
- 17 16. With the help of parents or guardians, look for a document more than 50 years old and restore it, if necessary, and store it appropriately (ex. certificates, journal pages, culinary recipes, letters, magazines, etc.).
- 18 17. Go to a library and help the librarian in the restoration of an assigned document and supervised by him or her.
- 19 References
NOTE: A qualified instructor is needed, such as a librarian, museum curator, bookbinder or professional restorer.