AY Honors/Christian Storytelling/Requirements
1. Name one source where you have found material for stories for each of the following categories. Tell a story from each category.
- a. Sacred history
- b. Church history
- c. Nature
- d. Character story
- e. Object lesson with visual aids
2. For the above stories you tell, do the following:
- a. Tell one of your stories to children, aged five and under, for at least three minutes.
- b. Tell one of your stories to the 10-12 year olds for at least five minutes.
3. Make a written outline of a story you are to tell.
4. State how and under what circumstances course material is to be modified for the following:
- a. Telling the story in first person, second person, and third person
- b. Different audiences, ages, and purposes
- c. Making the story shorter
- d. Making the story longer
5. Tell why a definite aim is necessary in telling a story.
6. Tell one story of foreign missionaries, not less than five minutes in length.
7. Tell one story that teaches health principles.