AY Honor Creationism - Advanced Requirements
1. Have the following honors:
- a. Creationism
- b. Geology
- c. Fossils
2. Explain the following terms:
- a. Cosmology
- b. Cosmo genesis
- c. Intelligent Design Theory
- d. Transition species or lost current link
- e. Living fossil
- f. Big Bang Theory
3. In the creationist interpretation, what is the origin of man and who were the cavemen?
4. Briefly describe the argument of the watchmaker from Paley?
5. Briefly report Pascal’s experience and explain why “life only comes from life.”
6. Read Psalm 139 and Genesis 1 & 2. Discover aspects of the creative power of God in nature that demonstrate purpose and planning. Demonstrate your findings through one of the following:
- a. Poster
- b. Chart
- c. Presentation
7. Differentiate evolution (in a macro or micro sense) of adaptation to the environment.
8. Re-read the biblical story of the flood and describe its influence on the following questions:
- a. Continental Drift
- b. Relief and climate
- c. Mass extinction and formation of fossils
9. Make a personal list of ten scientific evidences of creation (different from those stated in this honor and in the basic) and present them to a group.
10. Study the life and contributions of a scientific creationist and tell the story during a campfire or another spiritual gathering.
11. Do one of the following activities:
- a. Participate in an active debate about creationism versus evolution.
- b. Present to a group at the church, or at a creationist event, an audiovisual presentation, of at least thirty minutes, about some of the evidence from the nine requirements for this honor.
- c. Present three different certificates of participation in meetings of creationist character, completed in the last two years.
- d. Organize an event about creationism, with a skilled and qualified speaker.
- e. Do a research on creation based on the Geoscience Research Institute findings or documents.