AY Honor Identifying Community Needs
North American Division
You've seen the neighbors around your church or community who need help -- and you've likely felt helpless. This honor provides the training and guidance to become empowered to help those in your community who are in need. Be the change!
Investiture Achievement Connection: This Honor is related to the Investiture Achievement requirements for VOYAGER Serving Others which require completion of Requirements #1-#4 of this Honor. Frontier Voyagers must earn the Honor.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
5. Ask a civic leader or community professional about the needs in the community, the various organizations that provide services in the community, and how a Christian youth group might make a contribution to the community. Take notes during the interview.
Alternate Requirement: Invite a civic leader or community professional to make a presentation to your Pathfinder Club, youth group, or church group to talk about these topics. Takes notes during the presentation.
- Has insignia image
- AY Honors/HonorLanding
- AY Honor Categories/Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage
- AY Honors/Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage
- AY Honors/Introduced in 2009
- AY Honors/Skill Level 1
- AY Honors/Approved by North American Division
- Uses HonorLanding Template
- AY Honor Config/Has Crosslink Honors
- ACS Honor/Identifying Community Needs
- AY Honors/IAConnection