AY Honors/LEGO® Design/Requirements
1. Know the following terms:
- a. Element
- b. Stud
- c. Brick
- d. Plate
- e. Base Plate
- f. Tile
- g. Slope
- h. Inverted Slope
- i. Hinge
- j. Technics Brick
- k. Power Functions
- l. Minifigure
2. Build and/or find examples of following types of scale models:
- a. Micro Scale (1 city block equals 32 studs)
- b. Minifigure Scale (6 feet or 2 meters, equals roughly 6 studs)
- c. Ultimate Collector Scale (larger than Minifigure Scale and smaller than 1 to 1 scale)
- d. 1 to 1 Scale (Actual Size)
3. Choose one of the following:
- a. Build a 1 to 1 scale model of something from nature, your home, church, or school. Then share your model with your group or club.
- b. Build a scale model of your bedroom, house, apartment, or other building in your community. Be sure to include large furniture items like bed, stove, refrigerator, sofa, & dresser, etc. Then share your model with your group or club.
4. Choose one of the following:
- a. Use LEGO® as visual aid in a children’s story for youth ages 2-9 at church, Sabbath School, or equivalent group setting.
- b. Use LEGO® as part of a school project.
5. Build a scene or an item from the Bible using LEGO® in one of the scale sizes from requirement #2.
6. From your imagination create your own design in 2 of the 5 categories below and share both designs with your group or club.
- a. Car, truck, or other land vehicle.
- b. Plane, helicopter, or other aircraft.
- C. Ship, submarine, or other watercraft.
- d. Brick built animal or plant based on a real species using at least 10 pieces.
- e. Machine, appliance, or robot (without power functions)
7. Write a 250 word paragraph, or in a 3-5 minute presentation to your group or club, tell how you can use LEGO® to witness to those that don’t know about God.