AY Honors/Literature Evangelism
Sometimes the best way to tell someone about Jesus and His gift of Salvation is through paper-literature. Learn how to use this type of evangelism to meaningfully interact with persons who are looking (or could be looking) for hope in Jesus.
Investiture Achievement Connection: This Honor is related to the Investiture Achievement requirements for GUIDE Spiritual Discovery which require completion of either the Personal Evangelism, the Bible Evangelism or the Literature Evangelism Honor.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
7. Do one of the following:
- a. Maintain a literature rack for four months, keeping a log of which books are the most and least popular.
- b. Do a project of house-to-house or mail distribution of literature in your community for ten hours. Include in the literature a response card for additional literature, Bible studies, and/or a Bible correspondence course.
- c. Engage in selling Seventh-day Adventist books and/or magazines during a period of at least five weeks, for at least 20 hours each.
- d. Do a project of distributing religious books to local government officials. Spend at least ten hours on your project.
- e. Do a project of supplying religious literature to patients in a hospital or nursing home. Spend at least ten hours on your project.
- f. Make a project of supplying a year’s subscription to Liberty magazine to the judges and/or lawyers in your community. Raise the money or get contributions for the gift subscriptions.
- g. Make a project of sending literature and/or Bibles to the mission field. Part of this project is collecting the literature and/or Bibles, determining where to send the material and packaging and sending the material.