AY Honor Mobile Technology Requirements
1. What is a mobile device? Provide four examples of a mobile device you may have seen or utilized.
2. Draw a diagram showing how mobile technology uses cell sites (and why they use the word "cell"). Use this diagram to explain the factors that affect the following:
- a. Coverage
- b. Density
- c. Location tracking
- d. Call hand-off
3. Discuss with a group some safety precautions that should be considered concerning the use of a mobile device.
4. Create a list of different types of mobile devices.
- a. Discuss with a group the advantages and disadvantages of each mobile device listed.
- b. Discuss with a group how mobile devices can be used to spread the gospel of Jesus.
5. With a group, discuss ways in which mobile technology can be used to benefit society and industry such as:
- a. Business
- b. Personal Recreation
- c. Safety and Protection
- d. Education
- e. Health Care
- f. Transportation
- g. Homework
6. Describe the following types of cell sites.
- a. Camouflage
- b. Off-grid System
- c. Temporary Setup
7. Illustrate through drawings, sketches, or photographs a cell tower. Be able to identify a cell tower in an open area.
8. Create a speech, presentation, video, or game that illustrates what you have learned about mobile technology while earning this honor. Share your creation with a group.
9. Discuss with a group some of the ways in which mobile technology can be integrated into ministry to share the gospel throughout the world.
10. Discuss with a group how mobile technology can be used to enhance the following aspects of your spiritual life:
- a. Devotionals
- b. Inspirational songs
- c. Prayer reminder
- d. Join worship services
- e. Share inspirational messages
11. Discuss with a group how the following Bible passages apply to the use of mobile technology.
- a. Matthew 24:1
- b. 1 Corinthians 6:12
12. Evaluate how being a Christian should affect your use of mobile technology. Be detailed and honest, taking into account what you have experienced in this honor. Share your evaluation in written form with a trusted friend or leader.
13. Do the following individually or with a group:
- a. Create a temporary contact list of your friends. Gain permission to send them a daily text message. At a selected time each day, share an inspirational text with those on the contact list for a minimum of one week. Respect any requests to be removed from the list.
- b. Over a period of three worship services, evaluate when people use their devices during a worship service, and for what purposes.