AY Honor Model Rocketry Requirements
1. Know and explain the Model Rocketry Safety Code.
2. Know and explain the importance of the basic model rocket components.
3. Draw the following:
- a. The steps in the flight of a model rocket
- b. A cut-a-way view of a model rocket engine, labeling each part
- c. A schematic plan for a simple launch system using proper electrical symbols
4. Define the following:
- a. Wadding
- b. Boost gliders
- c. Stall
- d. Payload
- e. Apogee
- f. Center of gravity
- g. Center of pressure
- h. Impulse
- i. Velocity
- j. Ejection
5. Name and describe at least four different recovery systems.
6. From a kit, build, finish, and paint a single-stage rocket that has a minimum length of six inches with a recovery system, such as a parachute or streamer. Successfully launch and recover the rocket with the recovery system deploying properly.