AY Honors/Skiing Downhill/Requirements
1. Know the advantages and disadvantages of metal and fiberglass skis.
2. How does the sidecut of the skis help the skier turn?
3. What general rules would you use in selecting the proper length of skis and poles for yourself?
4. Know boot designs and how these features can affect your skiing.
5. Why is proper binding adjustment so important? What determines proper adjustment?
6. Know what a safety strap or ski break is and explain its purpose.
7. What should you do if you come upon a injured skier who has not yet received any help?
8. Discuss and practice good sportsmanship at ski areas.
9. What care should be given ski equipment after its use? What should be done with ski equipment before its use each season?
10. Ski intermediate slopes under control and execute turns in good form.
11. Know how to get on and off a chairlift, Tbar, or J bar correctly and demonstrate through experience, without endangering yourself or others, your ability to ride this equipment.