AY Honors/Spirit of Prophecy/Requirements
1. What is the prophetic gift?
2. What are the main characteristics of a true prophet?
3. How can you make sure that a prophecy is true?
4. How can a false prophet be identified?
5. Who was Ellen G. White? What was her importance to the Seventh-day Adventist church?
6. Read and present a report of at least two of the following groups of books from the Spirit of Prophecy:
- a. The Great Controversy: The Story of Redemption, The Great Controversy and Last Day Events
- b. History: Patriarchs and Prophets, Prophets and Kings and Acts of the Apostles
- c. Testimonies for the Church Series: Any three books of your choice within this series
- d. Diet: The Ministry of Healing, Counsels on Diet and Foods, Temperance and Counsels on Health
- e. Charitable Service: Christian Service, Gospel Workers and Welfare Ministry
- f. Missionary Series: Faith and Works, Steps to Christ, Christian Service and Early Writings
- g. Education: Education, Counsels to Parents, Teachers, and Students, Fundamentals of Christian Education, Mind, Character, and Personality, vol. 1 or 2, The Adventist Home and Messages to Young People
- h. Devotionals: Our High Calling, The Upward Look and That I May Know Him
- i. The Life of Christ: Christ's Object Lessons, The Desire of Ages and Thoughts from the Mount of Blessing
- j. Any other series of books of your preference that has at least three books
7. Find within the books of the Spirit of Prophecy texts of at least two of the following topics:
- a. Biblical stories
- b. Christ's second coming
- c. Health reform
- d. Healthy habits
- e. Family structure
- f. Leadership
- g. Church organization
8. How can the study of the Spirit of Prophecy help in understanding the Bible?
9. How does God manifest in His servants the Spirit of Prophecy?