AY Honor Teaching Requirements used by General Conference
1. What education is needed for teaching the following:
- a. Elementary school,
- b. Secondary school,
- c. College
2. What is re-certification?
3. Interview at least two teachers with the following questions:
- a. Why did you choose to become a teacher?
- b. What part of teaching do you like the best?
- c. What part of teaching do you like the least?
- d. What do you do to get ready for a school year?
- e. What do you do to get ready for a school day?
- f. What teacher-related activities do you do after school is out each day?
- g. What are some qualities of a good teacher?
- h. What are the responsibilities and duties of a teacher?
4. Explore the Bible and the book Education by Ellen G. White to learn what teaching methods Jesus used. Present a three-minute oral report on what you learned.
5. If you are 16 years old or younger, do the following for a minimum of 40 minutes per week for three weeks.
- a. Assist a teacher in designing and preparing a bulletin board.
- b. Assist a teacher in preparing learning aids.
- c. With the supervision of a teacher, teach a child or class at least one concept.
6. If you are older than 16 years, do three of the following:
- a. Teach an adult's or children's Sabbath School class for a minimum of six weeks.
- b. Teach in one day in each department of Vacation Bible School.
- c. Teach two Honors from the Honors Handbook.
- d. Assist in teaching requirements for one of the AY classes, culminating in investiture.
- e. Teach at least one year in an elementary or secondary school or in a college.