AY Honors/Track & Field/Requirements
1. Know the basic rules, safety considerations, and warm-up exercises for the six track and field events listed below.
2. Run the 50-yard (45.7 meters) dash in the time (seconds) for your sex and age as follows:
3. In sprinting, which part of the foot should touch first during the stride? What are the proper arm and head positions?
4. Run the 600-yard (548.6 meters) run-walk in the time (minutes/seconds) for your sex and age as follows:
5. Answer the following questions about distance running:
- a. Find two Bible stories that mention distance runners?
- b. What are the proper clothes, including shoes, for distance running in your area?
- c. How long is the average track?
- d. How far is a marathon race?
- e. Which part of the foot should touch first during the stride?
- f. What are the proper arm and head positions while distance running?
- g. What is the proper way to breathe?
- h. How does cross-country running differ from running on a track?
6. Run one of the following events at least twice and record the best time:
- a. 50-yard (45.7 meters) dash with four hurdles.
- b. 70-yard (64.0 meters) dash with six hurdles.
7. Do the high jump with good form at least five times and record the highest jump.
8. Do a running broad jump three times and record the best length.
9. Run the following relays:
- a. Visual pass relay
- b. Blind pass relay