Note: All wakeboarders in AY sponsored wakeboarding class must wear a ski vest.
Prologue: Have the Advanced Beginner’s Swimming honor.
1. Know and practice the following safety rules:
- a. Never wakeboard at night.
- b. Never wakeboard during an electrical storm.
- c. Always wear a ski vest while wakeboarding.
- d. Make sure the wakeboarding rope is in good condition.
- e. Make sure the wakeboarding bindings are in good condition.
- f. Always have a spotter and flag in the boat.
- g. Stay clear of objects, such as other skiers, swimmers, tubers, docks or floating objects.
- h. If you fall let go of the rope.
- i. After a fall, raise a hand to indicate you are all right.
- j. Do not stand in the boat while it is moving.
2. Know the following hand signals:
- a. Slower
- b. Speed is OK
- c. Faster
- d. Back to dock
- e. Stop
- f. Turn
3. Put on the wakeboard by yourself. Be able to remove the wakeboard in deep water by yourself.
4. Execute a deep-water start on the wakeboard on a full line rope.
5. Successfully cross both wakes and return to center without falling.
6. Do a small jump off the wake and land without falling.