AY Honor Welding
From Pathfinder Wiki
< AY HonorsAY Honors/Welding (GC)
Welding is a fabrication process that joins materials, usually metals or thermoplastics, by using high heat to melt the parts together and allowing them to cool, causing fusion. Welding is distinct from lower temperature techniques such as brazing and soldering, which do not melt the base metal (parent metal).
It is a specialized career that is highly sought after. Youth can receive a great introduction to this fascinating process by completing this honor.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
10. Demonstrate ability to weld flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead on (1/8 inch x 1 inch x 8 inches) (0.3 cm x 2.5 cm x 20.3 cm) mild steel test plates.
- Has insignia image
- AY Honors/Complete a Course
- AY Honors/Technician Master Award
- AY Honors/HonorLanding
- AY Honor Categories/Vocational
- AY Honors/Vocational
- AY Honors/Introduced in 1978
- AY Honors/Skill Level 2
- AY Honors/Approved by General Conference
- Uses HonorLanding Template
- AY Honor Config/Has Crosslink Honors