|*Edits to the Pathfinder Wiki will be disabled on July 27, 2021 in preparation for an upgrade. The upgrade is scheduled to take place on August 10, 2021. During the upgrade, we expect the Wiki to be available only intermittently. Once the upgrade is complete, users will again be able to perform edits. Thanks!|
*Las ediciones al Wiki de Conquistadores se desactivarán el 27 de julio de 2021 en preparación para una actualización. La actualización está programada para el 10 de agosto de 2021. Durante la actualización, esperamos que el Wiki esté disponible solo de forma intermitente. Una vez que se complete la actualización, los usuarios podrán volver a realizar ediciones. ¡Gracias!
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Arts and Crafts/Painting - Advanced
|Painting - Advanced|
| North American Division
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2013
- 1 1. Earn the Basic Painting Honor
- 2 2. Describe these styles of painting and show examples of 3 Artist’s work in each style:
- 3 3. Know how to stretch a canvas for painting.
- 4 4. Paint 5 paintings. Use at least 3 different media and at least 3 different subjects; one of which is multi-media.
- 5 5. Give two examples of contemporary painters and give three reasons why you appreciate their work.
- 6 6. Memorize: Gen 9:13. Discuss why God has filled the earth with color and variety; and how He has touched or changed your thoughts about life and art personally.
- 7 References
This Honor is a component of the Artisan Master Award.
The Drawing honor was created in 2013 when the NAD Honor Taskforce voted to expand and replace the Drawing and Painting honor with four new honors: Drawing, Drawing - Advanced, Painting, and Painting - Advanced. The new Painting honors adopted the insignia for the old Drawing and Paining honor, and the new Drawing honor received a new insignia.
1. Earn the Basic Painting Honor
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Painting honor.
That honor also requires earning Basic Drawing. This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Drawing honor.
2. Describe these styles of painting and show examples of 3 Artist’s work in each style:
Impressionism is a style or movement in painting originating in France in the 1860s, characterized by a concern with depicting the visual impression of a “moment in time”; trying to capture a feeling or experience rather than to achieve accurate depiction.
Pointilism is a technique of neo-impressionist painting using tiny dots of paint placed side by side on the canvas, which become blended in the viewer's eye rather than actually mixed and blended on the canvas.
Fauvism is a style of painting with vivid expressionistic use of color that flourished in Paris in the early 20th century. Matisse was its leading Artist. Critics often said their art looked like it was created by “wild beasts”.
Realism is art that looks realistic; as if looking at the “real object”.
3. Know how to stretch a canvas for painting.
Cut canvas about 2-3” larger than the stretcher frame. Lay the stretcher evenly on top of canvas, folding the top over to the back of the stretcher. Staple along the top side. Fold the corner in neatly and staple before going down the adjoining side. Continue around the entire canvas, being sure to pull the canvas tightly all over.
4. Paint 5 paintings. Use at least 3 different media and at least 3 different subjects; one of which is multi-media.
5. Give two examples of contemporary painters and give three reasons why you appreciate their work.
Suggestions: Nathan Greene, Wyland, Harry Ahn, Beverly Doolittle
6. Memorize: Gen 9:13. Discuss why God has filled the earth with color and variety; and how He has touched or changed your thoughts about life and art personally.
|“I set my rainbow in the cloud. And it shall be a token of a covenant between Me and the earth.”|