AY Honor Amphibians
What's the difference between a frog and a toad? Where do they go in the winter? Learn all about frogs and salamanders (they breathe through their skin).
Investiture Achievement Connection: This Honor is related to the Investiture Achievement requirements for Friend Nature Study which require (as one of two options) that the Pathfinder "Help set up and observe a terrarium for amphibians/reptiles." This activity meets Requirement 11b of this Honor. The Amphibians honor is a popular choice for the Level 1 Nature Honor required of Friends.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
11. Do one of the following:
- a. Observe a toad in your yard or neighborhood to find out.
(1) Where and when it sleeps,
(2) When it leaves its home for food,
(3) How fast it can travel,
(4) How far it can jump, and as many other interesting things as you can find out about it, and write an essay covering the details requested in the first section of this question.
- b. Hatch some amphibian eggs and watch them through their growth cycle and write an essay covering the details.