|*Edits to the Pathfinder Wiki will be disabled on July 27, 2021 in preparation for an upgrade. The upgrade is scheduled to take place on August 10, 2021. During the upgrade, we expect the Wiki to be available only intermittently. Once the upgrade is complete, users will again be able to perform edits. Thanks!|
*Las ediciones al Wiki de Conquistadores se desactivarán el 27 de julio de 2021 en preparación para una actualización. La actualización está programada para el 10 de agosto de 2021. Durante la actualización, esperamos que el Wiki esté disponible solo de forma intermitente. Una vez que se complete la actualización, los usuarios podrán volver a realizar ediciones. ¡Gracias!
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Christian Art of Preaching - Advanced
From Pathfinder Wiki
|Christian Art of Preaching - Advanced|
| General Conference
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Have the honor Christian Art of Preaching.
- 2 2. Examine two or more versions popular in your language or area. Include:
- 2.1 a. Determine if they are Formal, Dynamic, or Paraphrase translations/versions.
- 2.2 b. Discover whether these Bibles were translated by a committee or by an individual.
- 2.3 c. Evaluate their accuracy, reliability and readability.
- 2.4 d. Respond: Discover what the original Biblical languages are. Which version do you feel is most faithful to the original Bible? Why?
- 2.5 e. Cite at least three verses that differ greatly from the feel of the versions mentioned in point number two. Know which translation is closest to the original Bible text.
- 3 3. Create a small collection of 25 Christian sermons, organized in a booklet format:
- 4 4. Preach at least five of the sermons (compiled in the previous item), using audiovisual resources or your own creative ideas.
- 5 5. Develop a collection of, at least, 15 short Bible devotionals (5-10 minutes) and use a minimum of five of them in public locations (church, mid-week Bible study group, Sabbath School, club meeting, etc.)
- 6 6. Complete one of the following items:
- 6.1 a. Present a series of biblical studies (at least ten presentations) to a group of people meeting in the church, in a Bible class, or in an evangelistic series.
- 6.2 b. Be on the preaching list of a church during the year and preach, at least, ten times; having participated in every type of worship: Friday, Saturday, and mid-week.
- 6.3 c. Be responsible for a period of at least six months of biblical preaching in a small group.
- 7 7. Choose two of the following areas and read a book for each one. Cite the bibliography for your instructor:
- 8 8. Have a Bible with references and a concordance (preferably annotated). Demonstrate to an instructor or advisor that you can handle it in the correct fashion.
- 9 References
This Honor is a component of the Spiritual Growth and Ministries Master Award.
1. Have the honor Christian Art of Preaching.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Christian Art of Preaching honor.