AY Honor Crisis Intervention
North American Division
High School students -- have you ever wanted to be a better helper with friends or relatives in crisis? Learn how to listen, learn the basics of crisis identification, and also learn when and how to refer someone in crisis to professional helpers. Empower your abilities to care!
|This honor is available only to clubs inside the North American Division. For those outside the North American Division, use the Conflict Resolution honor instead.|
Investiture Achievement Connection: This Honor is related to the Investiture Achievement requirements for GUIDE Serving Others which require the Pathfinder choose to complete selected requirements from among several Honors, including this Honor.. The Advanced Ribbon requires completion of a selected Honor, of which this is one of the options.
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
7. Demonstrate a grasp of basic listening skills by conducting an interview of at least 30 minutes duration. This interview must either be observed by an observer who can recognize listening skills, or taped for review by your instructor. The interview does not have to be with a person who is in crisis, but it must be a real conversation not pretend or role-playing.
- Has insignia image
- AY Honors/HonorLanding
- AY Honor Categories/Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage
- AY Honors/Spiritual Growth, Outreach and Heritage
- AY Honors/Introduced in 2009
- AY Honors/Skill Level 3
- AY Honors/Approved by North American Division
- Uses HonorLanding Template
- AY Honor Config/Has Crosslink Honors
- AY Honors/IAConnection
- ACS Honor/Crisis Intervention