|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Outreach/Praise and Worship
|Praise and Worship|
| North American Division
|| Skill Level 2
Year of Introduction: 2020
- 1 1. Discuss the following as they relate to Christian corporate praise and worship.
- 2 2. As a group, briefly describe corporate praise and worship from your perspective. In your assessment, address the following soul searching questions:
- 2.1 a. Why am I here in church service?
- 2.2 b. Why do I do what I do during worship and praise?
- 2.3 c. What does my worship style say about my relationship with the Lord?
- 2.4 d. Is my worship acceptable to the Lord?
- 2.5 e. How might my favored worship style going to facilitate or hinder the congregation from entering into worship?
- 3 3. Discuss the biblical context of four of the following texts as they relate to corporate praise and worship:
- 4 4. Interview someone who leads in praise and worship on a regular basis, using the following questions and ask:
- 5 5. Briefly explain some of the benefits of developing a praise and worship routine in your personal life.
- 6 6. Discuss various forms of praise and worship styles you have observed. In your discussions, outline what you found to be acceptable versus what you felt was not acceptable, along with your reasons in support of your choices.
- 7 7. Within your church or family worship, list what instruments play a significant role in your praise and worship experience.
- 8 8. Discuss how each of the following non-musical methods can be used as a part of a corporate praise and worship experience (in addition to the worship music):
- 9 9. Develop a creative corporate praise and worship experience, addressing the following questions:
- 9.1 a. Which instruments would you use?
- 9.2 b. What time frame do you have?
- 9.3 c. What songs or styles of music would you sing?
- 9.4 d. What other elements (prayers, testimonies, quotes, biblical verses) would you also wish to include?
- 9.5 e. How do these elements all contribute to the chosen theme?
- 9.6 Share the resulting program outline with a group.
- 10 10. Develop a creative mini-praise and worship experience that can minister to an individual or to a group experiencing situations such as the following:
- 11 11. With a group, plan and present a creative praise and worship experience to someone who is not able to attend services.
- 12 12. After completing the creative praise and worship experience, meet with your planning group to analyze your presentation. Discuss the following:
- 13 References
1. Discuss the following as they relate to Christian corporate praise and worship.
a. Worship style (give examples)
b. Praise & worship (what is praise and worship? How are they similar? Different? How do they work together in a church service?)
c. Worship leading
d. Praise and worship group
2. As a group, briefly describe corporate praise and worship from your perspective. In your assessment, address the following soul searching questions:
a. Why am I here in church service?
b. Why do I do what I do during worship and praise?
c. What does my worship style say about my relationship with the Lord?
d. Is my worship acceptable to the Lord?
e. How might my favored worship style going to facilitate or hinder the congregation from entering into worship?
3. Discuss the biblical context of four of the following texts as they relate to corporate praise and worship:
a. Genesis 4:3-7
|Genesis 4:3-7 (NKJV)|
|3 And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground to the Lord. 4 Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat. And the Lord respected Abel and his offering, 5 but He did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell. 6 So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”|
b. Exodus 20:2-6
|Exodus 20:2-6 (NKJV)|
|2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
c. 1 Chronicles 13:8
|1 Chronicles 13:2-6 (NKJV)|
|Then David and all Israel played music before God with all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets.|
d. Psalm 100
|Psalm 100:1-5 (NKJV)|
|1 Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
2 Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. 3 Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. 4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. 5 For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.
e. Psalm 117:1-2
|Psalm 117:1-2 (NKJV)|
|Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles!
Laud Him, all you peoples! For His merciful kindness is great toward us, And the truth of the Lord endures forever.
Praise the Lord!
f. Ecclesiastes 3:4
|Ecclesiastes 3:4 (NKJV)|
|A time to weep,
And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance
g. Acts 16:25-26
|Acts 16:25-26 (NKJV)|
|But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed.|
h. Colossians 3:16
|Colossians 3:16 (NKJV)|
|Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.|
i. John 4:24
|John 4:24 (NKJV)|
|God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”|