|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Vocational/Sign Language Interpreter
|Sign Language Interpreter|
| South American Division
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 2012
- 1 1. Have the Sign Language - Advanced Honor.
- 2 2. Do research on the world history of deaf people, starting from Pedro Ponce de León, and write an essay of at least 500 words, or make a 5 minute oral presentation.
- 3 3. What is the classifier? What is the importance of this grammatical structure in sign language?
- 4 4. Research about legislation in your country that deals with the deaf or sign language. What are the duties and rights of deaf people contained in these legal documents?
- 5 5. Why should the expression "deaf and dumb" not be used for deaf people?
- 6 6. Regarding the profession of interpreter, research the following topics:
- 6.1 a. What does it take to be a sign language interpreter?
- 6.2 b. What are the job opportunities in your country for this profession?
- 6.3 c. Which institutions in your country offer these sign language courses?
- 6.4 d. Are there university or graduate courses on sign language in your country? What is the professional profile of those who have been trained in these courses?
- 7 7. How does the competency certification in Sign Language in your country work? What are the criteria for obtaining this certification? What are the advantages of obtaining it?
- 8 8. Fulfill one of the following requirements:
- 8.1 a. Be an interpreter in your church, interpreting at least once a week for a minimum of six months.
- 8.2 b. Work as an interpreter in any institution or company, for at least three months.
- 8.3 c. Be an instructor of a sign language course for at least one semester.
- 8.4 d. If you have already met requirements a, b or c in the past, meet one of them again for at least one month.
- 9 References
Note: Have a professional certification in sign language interpretation issued by the country or an authorized and accredited institution; or meet the following requirements:
1. Have the Sign Language - Advanced Honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Sign Language - Advanced honor.