|The NAD Team has come up with a list of honors that can possibly be earned at home during the COVID-19 shut-down.|
Check it out!
El liderazgo de la División Norteamericana he creado una lista de especialidades que posiblemente se pueden desarrollar en casa durante la cuarentena del COVID-19.
Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Vocational/Soap Making
| North American Division
|| Skill Level 3
Year of Introduction: 2018
- 1 1. Have the Soap Craft - Advanced Honor.
- 2 2. Review and list the basic safety equipment needed to make soap.
- 3 3. What is saponification value?
- 4 4. What is superfatting?
- 5 5. Describe the difference between essential oils and fragrance oils.
- 6 6. What can be used to color the soap?
- 7 7. What can be used in place of distilled water when making soap?
- 8 8. At what stage in the soap making process should fragrances, colors, or additives be added?
- 9 9. Define “seize” in terms of soap and what might cause it.
- 10 10. What is the most common temperature to “soap” at?
- 11 11. Explain what 99% rubbing alcohol is used for.
- 12 12. Describe the following techniques in soap making. Collect photos of at least five of them.
- 13 13. Make two batches of soap. Incorporate color, fragrance, or a design technique in each of these:
- 14 14. Explain how long should your soap cure and why.
- 15 15. Complete one of the following:
- 16 16. Make a gift/display basket of some of your soaps that you have made and give it to someone that could really appreciate it. This can either be done by yourself or as a group project (additional items may be included).
- 17 References
Earning this honor meets a requirement for:
NOTE: Soap making has the potential to cause injury, therefore it must be taught by a competent, experienced instructor. Due to the hazards involved and the manual dexterity required, it is recommended that the honor be limited to teens, TLTs, and adult leaders with a ratio of no more than 4-6 students per instructor. This is a very hands-on intense honor. If you are unable to find a qualified instructor, contact the Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetic Guild or visit them online to find an instructor in your area.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: All participants must wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, closed toe shoes, safety glasses, and rubber, latex or nitrile gloves. You may also wear an apron if you wish.
1. Have the Soap Craft - Advanced Honor.
This Wiki has a page with instructions and tips for earning the Soap Craft - Advanced honor.