Discuss AY Honor Mountains Answer Key
Do we want to do the matching in point 4? JadeDragon 14:11, 11 February 2013 (EST)
- Yes, absolutely. I only recently added the requirements to this honor and have not taken the time to provide much in the way of answers. There are still a few more new honors on the way too, but the first step is to always add the requirements. --Jomegat 15:01, 11 February 2013 (EST)
- Done, in (brackets) and added overview level detail for most of the matching items to make learning easier/more interesting. Also will help with the 10 mtns requirement research.JadeDragon 15:16, 11 February 2013 (EST)
I built out the rest of the answers and consider the honor nearly 100% complete, but improvable. JadeDragon 18:00, 11 February 2013 (EST)
- Thank you! I usually mark them as 100% complete as soon as there is enough there to teach the honor. In other words, if a requirement says do A, B, or C, then if any of them are answered, that's enough to finish the requirement. We can always go back and add in the other two, but the honor can be earned using the material presented. --Jomegat 21:50, 11 February 2013 (EST)
- all the links in the sec 4 Seven Summits chart were copied over as internal wikipedia links. Strip the brackets or relink them to wikipedia correctly.
- I've listed all states/provinces/Bermuda in the North American division (excluding Micronesia) without mountains. Additional countries like Australia could be added if someone has time.
- Adding Creative Commons photos of various mtns (esp in sec 5) would be awesome, and diagrams for some of the definitions.
- Can't figure out how to internally link the text to other honors in 6.a i and iv~ DONE JadeDragon 23:40, 11 February 2013 (EST)
JadeDragon 17:37, 11 February 2013 (EST)
- I fixed one, but there are other ways to do it as well without listing the entire prefix. It's pretty easy if the honor you're linking from is in the same category as the one you're linking to. If they aren't, then I just use the prefix. --Jomegat 21:52, 11 February 2013 (EST)