AY Honors/Health and Healing
From Pathfinder Wiki
< AY HonorsAY Honors/Health and Healing/en
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
5. Do one of the following:
- a. Be a candy striper or a page in a hospital or medical facility.
- b. Visit a medical or dental office and do the following:
- (1) Observe the areas of operation, such as the business office, laboratory, examining rooms, x-ray room, etc.
- (2) Be introduced to the equipment used in the office.
- (3) Learn the steps of an office visit from when a patient comes into the waiting room until the time he leaves the office.
- (4) Learn how the doctor does an examination from the taking of the patient's history to the diagnosis.
- c. Go on a visit with a home nurse and do the following:
- (1) Learn the steps of a home visit from when the nurse finds out about the patient to when the nurse reports to a doctor.
- (2) Observe the nurse taking the vital signs.
- (3) Observe the nurse giving instructions and medication.
- d. Visit an outpatient department of a hospital, such as physical therapy, x-ray, laboratory, etc. Do the following: