AY Honor Nutrition Requirements used by General Conference
1. Draw the food pyramid guide. List the number of servings required from each group per day. Why is it important to eat a balanced diet?
2. Explain the difference between the following:
- a. Lacto-ovo vegetarian
- b. Ovo vegetarian
- c. Vegan vegetarian
3. Plan a two-day menu, containing a balanced lacto-ovo vegetarian diet utilizing the food pyramid guide.
4. What is another name for Vitamin B1 and B2?
5. List at least three significant food sources of the following nutrients:
6. Why is it important to drink plenty of water every day? How much water should you drink every day?
7. Name three common diseases that can be controlled by diet.
8. What is the difference between whole wheat flour and white flour, and which one has the higher nutritive value?
9. What does RDA stand for? What does it mean?
10. Why is it important not to take excessive amounts of some vitamins and minerals?