1. Have the Basic Drawing Honor.
2. Create a Color wheel using crayon or color pencil. Include and understand:
- a. Primary Colors
- b. Secondary Colors
- c. Tertiary Colors
- d. Neutral Colors
- e. Warm/Cool Colors
- f. Tints
- g. Shades
- h. Complementary colors
3. Create a Value Scale of a warm and a cool color, using color pencil.
4. Name seven (7) color media.
5. What is the difference between water based and oil-based paints? Name 2 of each type.
6. What paint medium was made with egg yolk?
7. Define the following and tell how they are used:
- a. Gesso
- b. Masking fluid (Miskit)
- c. Mineral Spirits/Turpentine
- d. Palette
- e. Easel
8. Describe what the following brushes are used for:
- a. Rounds
- b. Flats
- c. Liner Brush
- d. Fan Brush
- e. Mop Brush
9. What is the best way to care for paint brushes?
10. Describe and be able to explain the difference between:
- a. Realistic Art
- b. Abstract Art
11. Know the difference and show examples of the following subject matter:
- a. Portrait
- b. Landscape
- c. Still Life
- d. Abstract
12. Draw and paint, in your choice of color media, a still life or floral subject.
13. Paint a landscape showing linear perspective.
14. Paint a portrait of a friend and/or favorite pet from a photo.
15. Memorize Psalms 19:1. Discuss how this text inspires your Artwork.