AY Honor Waterfalls
A waterfall is a point in a river or stream where water flows over a vertical drop or a series of steep drops. Waterfalls also occur where meltwater drops over the edge of a tabular iceberg or ice shelf.
Learn how they form, the different types and hopefully visit one!
The Challenging Part
The most challenging requirement of this honor is probably this:
3. Complete two of the following activities.
- a. Visit a waterfall and write a paragraph telling about your experience.
- b. Choose a waterfall (other than ones in #2) of interest to you and record facts and interesting information about the falls that you have selected.
- c. Watch a video about a waterfall.
- d. Make a scrapbook about waterfalls. Include pictures of waterfalls and important information about each one. This may be a group project.
- e. Using the information provided, create a crossword or word search puzzle: