AY Honor Waterfalls Requirements
1. Define the following types of waterfalls and give one example of each.
- a. Block
- b. Cascade
- c. Horsetail
- d. Plunge
- e. Segmented
- f. Tiered
2. Choose 10 waterfalls, including 2 from near the area or state in which you live, and list the following information about them: Name, Total Height, Waterfall Type, Watercourse, Location.
3. Complete two of the following activities.
- a. Visit a waterfall and write a paragraph telling about your experience.
- b. Choose a waterfall (other than ones in #2) of interest to you and record facts and interesting information about the falls that you have selected.
- c. Watch a video about a waterfall.
- d. Make a scrapbook about waterfalls. Include pictures of waterfalls and important information about each one. This may be a group project.
- e. Using the information provided, create a crossword or word search puzzle:
4. Water is mentioned in each of the following verses. Describe what is happening in each verse, then tell what the water symbolizes.
- a. John 9:11
- b. John 13:5
- c. Matthew 3:16