Master Guide/Skills Development
Year of Introduction
1. Attend and complete a seminar in each of the following ten subjects: (Each seminar must be at least 75 minutes long).
a. How to be a Christian Leader & Leadership Skills
b. Vision, Mission and Motivation
c. Communication Theory and Listening Skills
d. Practical Communication Practices
e. Understanding Teaching and Learning Styles
f. Creativity and Resources Development
g. How to Prepare Effective Creative Worships
h. Principles of Youth and Children’s Evangelism
i. How to Lead a Child to Christ
j. Understanding your Spiritual Gifts
2. Attend a seminar on Risk Management that focus’ on Adventurer and Pathfinder Activities.
3. Attend a Seminar on Child Abuse Prevention
4. Have or earn the following honors
b. Camping Skills I, II, III, IV
d. Knot Tying
5. Earn two additional honors not previously earned: one from the list below and a skill level 2 or 3 honor from a list provided by your local conference.
6. Hold a current First Aid & CPR certificate or its equivalent. (Instructor Required)
If residing in the United States or another country in which Red Cross instruction is given, satisfactorily pass the Red Cross Examination in Standard First Aid and receive your certificate.
In British countries pass the examination in St. John Ambulance and receive certificate for the same.
You can find a class near you using one of the following web sites in the USA or search for the equivalent organization in your area:
These organizations both provide excellent training, but they do charge fees. It is possible to find people who are certified to teach CPR and who charge lower fees. Contact your Pathfinder Area Coordinator to see if they know of any Pathfinder staff within your conference who are qualified to offer this class.